Where: Stonewall Peak Trail located near Julian
When: Saturday, December 14
Time: 9:00 AM if meeting us at Pacific Hope Church; 10:30 AM if meeting us at the base of Stonewall Peak Trail or Paso Picacho parking lot (across the road from Stonewall).
Contacts: Sandi 619-507-7797 or Shirley 619-300-8444 (text is best)
The hike is about 3.8 miles round trip. At the summit is a beautiful view and we will rest before heading back down. We had young children on the hike before and they did great, but one did get weary and dad carried him on his back on the way down. After the hike, join us for lunch at the Julian Cafe about 11 miles north straight up the CA-79. We can caravan to the cafe.
Things to bring:
• Water (1 liter or more recommended)
• Snacks/lunch for the hike (we'll hit the summit around noon)
• Layers of clothing and a warm jacket
• Summit is often breezy in December
• Subject to cancellation if it rains
• Shoes you don't mind getting dirty (they will get dirty)
• Sunblock, Chapstick, etc.